In October 2021, the management team from Project Angel Food, a local non-profit organization located in Hollywood, California, contacted The Platinum Packaging Group (PPG) to solve a problem with their important goal of delivering prepackaged healthy meals to people impacted by serious illness.
Since 1989, Project Angel Food has prepared and delivered more than 14 million meals throughout the 4,084 square miles of Los Angeles County. This amazing organization delivers more than one million meals every year.
PPG worked diligently to find a practical solution that would keep Project Angel Food on track with the mission of its Medically Tailored Meal delivery program. This program feeds 2,300+ people per day, delivering one week’s worth of meals to every patient, from a menu of 12 different, medically tailored options.
Project Angel Food formerly used polystyrene foam coolers for delivering individual pre-packaged frozen, medically tailored meals to clients. These coolers are bulky, fragile and impractical, making it challenging at times to reach their goal of providing meals to those in need.
PPG provided custom made PlatPort Insulated Bags. These bags are double-lined, collapsible and stackable, and feature velcro closure for all four corners, outside/left side ID plastic pocket, D-rings and shoulder straps.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- PlatPort Insulated Bags fold flat for easy storage when not in use. This creates more shelf space when storing meals overnight
- Designed to hold 14 meals rather than the 7 meals the former coolers held.
- Improved cold retention within the insulated bag, eliminating the need for ice blocks
- Color coding on the outside of the bag for easy identification of specialty dietary requirements
- Increased durability
- More carriable due to shoulder straps and end handles
This is another example of PPG providing critical packaging solutions to meet the needs of important organizations in the USA.